Monday, May 23, 2011

Goodbye Goat!




Well I have refrained from posting about our dreadful goat but it is time to write...

My housemate Nicole bought this cute little goat a couple weeks before I arrived. Well, when it came time that I moved in the goat was a lot bigger, smellier and definitely not cuter!

I was optimistic about this goat, I thought it could be fun - until 6am rolled around on my first morning and all I could hear was BAHHHH BAAAAHH BEAAHH!! You see... the goats house was right outside my window and well if it is alone for too long, or someone leaves, or is left in its house while others are awake it gets upset and doesn't do anything about but make it known to all of us in the house - as well as neighbors (even the ones at the end of the street!)

I didn't think it was a big deal - I just figured that I should get up at 6 am anyway to get my run in and start my day. This worked until the goat would bleat alllll day long whether you were trying to nap, read, or do anything. It got to the point where I just decided I no longer liked this goat. From then on it got worse... it would eat just about anything you had, charge at you, bleat, or even come into the house and poo all over the floor. (yes it happened, and yes more than once)

Nicole said from the beginning that we could kill the goat when it was time for her goodbye party - so I have been counting down the days. Yesterday was the party so we had someone come and make goat brochette (shish-ka-bobs). We even did a skit for people to see just how annoying the goat was. Although I couldn't eat more than one piece I washappy to not have the goat anymore -I even took a nap in the afternoon! it was soooo nice!

2 comments:

  1. Lindo seu blog, muito mais o seu modo de vida diante dos pobres.
    PAZ E BEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visite meu blog: http://tarcsilva.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete