Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back in the Swing of Thing.



Well I finally have my computer back up and running and boy does it ever feel good! I didn’t realize how much I needed it until it was gone. I found myself a little bit “lost” without it – not realizing how much joy and purpose I felt when I could work on my photos.

After getting home from traveling it was a bit harder to find my place and get back into the swing of things. Again – not having a computer was not helping… I have gone to God quite a few times praying that I would just feel that I had purpose here and that he could use me in big ways even though I have just 6 weeks left. I can’t even believe it.

I honestly had a point where I was ready to go – I was excited for the things I would be going home to and just felt like I had done everything I could here. That was until the team came and I was thrust back into my niche of taking photos and through taking photos I noticed that it really helped me to connect and be more involved in the ministries and people here. I don’t think I even realized how close I had gotten with the people here… At one point during Ubuzima – Alice sat me on her lap and wouldn’t let go of me for about 15 minutes. It felt so good to be loved and to feel like I had such a connection with her even though neither of us can communicate in each other’s languages – it is crazy how much you can connect through smiles, laughs and hugs!

It has been fun to be a part of the team and help show them and tell them about Rwanda. I love being able to share these places and memories with people who are from my home. So far we have gone to Ubuzima, painted at the church, done cooking with the street guys and games, visited Alice & Mart and also went to visit Fabrice’s family. It has definitely kept me busy and today I will be working away at editing all my new photos!

I am excited for next week as we embark on a journey for three days to the refugee camp.

I also had an amazing experience this past week of taking photos for a family that just adopted from Rwanda. They got a boy and a girl! It was so nice to spend a day with all the families that adopted and to hear more about adoption. I also found myself parked in front of the computer for a WHOLE night.. it seems I was making up for the last 3 weeks! haha.

I am so glad that God has been helping me feel like I am doing well here and making me realize just how much I love Rwanda. I am definitely not ready to say goodbye and the best part is I don’t have to yet.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. It is good to hear how you went to God with your thoughts and how He is lighting your path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you are back online and up and running with your computer - I have missed your posts!
    I am excited to see how God is going to use you overe these last 6 weeks in Rwanda. "You are God's masterpiece created anew in Christ Jesus to do the good things He has planned in advance for you to do." Ephesians 2:10
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy - thanks for sharing Eph 2:10... makes me pause... and be still... and have and excited peace over Karyn's life journey!

    ReplyDelete