Wednesday, March 2, 2011

For a Laugh!






Some stories that hopefully make you laugh, or at least smile!


1. The fridge mystery
For some reason I found our fridge to be not very cold. I asked my housemates about this and they said that whenever they would go in it would be turned down. So we started turning the fridge up and seeing what happened but for some reason every time we went in it was turned down. I had bought some drinks and yogurt so I really wanted it to be cold so I would turn it up higher thinking that it would only be cold if it were set high. Then one night our house girl went to Dorah and asked who kept turning up the fridge because all the vegetables were frozen and she couldn’t cut them. Turns out it was our domestic helper who kept turning the fridge down!

2. Almost ate it
This story isn’t so much funny as it is embarrassing, you might have to be with me when you hear to actually laugh – but anyway! It was one of my first weeks here and I decided to go to Bourbon coffee by myself to do some work. I get up the stairs and see it just calling out to me so I proudly walked with my backpack on and don’t realize there is a ledge in front of me – I hit the ledge and went flying in with the loud noise of my flip-flops smacking the ground. Luckily I didn’t fall and I just laughed while the waiters said they were sorry!

3. The Avocado
One morning Nicole and I decided to go to Shokola. Neither one of us had eaten anything because we were so excited to get this one dish. While when we got there it hadn’t opened yet, once we got in there was no power but we were determined to wait until it came back on. Over an hour later I am so hungry I feel sick…. So Nicole decides to grab the Avocado that fell off one of the trees by us at the restaurant and I cracked it open to eat some!

4. Gum
This isn’t really a story… I just stepped in gum. It was funny.

1 comment: