Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Great Day.






I have had so many great days here – and today was NO exception!

I was able to have fun and just be myself with a couple Rwandese people that I met through the church. They are street boys that live in the area of Vivante Church. I have been slowly coming out of my shell more and more - but today I was able to fully let go, just laugh, and be myself!

In the morning I went to visit Isabel with Nicole and we taught her some English and math. We then took her up to the corner store to get some Fantas and she walked proudly down the street with my camera around her neck. (It was so cute)

We then went around town showing Mike the bus route and stopped in town for some lunch at an Italian bar (that’s right – more pizza!) I was so excited to order a salad and find out that I got a WHOLE slab of goat cheese!

In the afternoon we all headed up by the church to meet the guys. We called Jean Paul to say we were in what they call “mango village” the only problem is – he thought we were in a mango village in another part of town! So we waited on the side of the road for just over and hour, talking with people, playing with kids, and getting marriage proposals. Finally, over an hour later, Jean Paul found us and off we went!

David was at the house so he joined us as we decided to go do a photoshoot! It was so much fun to get the guys to pose and just have fun taking pictures. (This camera is coming in handy). We then decided to go for some Fantas and played some cards before heading to Church for bible study.

The bible study was very interesting; right now at Church we are studying the Attributes of God. I find that these messages are very challenging sometimes when I think about this country and what everyone has gone through. It definitely makes me really think, learn and question the God that I serve. I love that I am being stretched in my faith and really learning from him while I am here.

Well I hope you enjoy some of the fun pictures from the day – I know that it is one I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful to hear what you are doing!!! Sounds so great on so many levels...

    ReplyDelete