Friday, March 11, 2011

Update!


Where to start… I feel like I have been able to continue connecting with people here. I am really enjoying the bible study we do on Monday nights because it gives some of my new Rwandan friends a chance to hear more of my heart and my faith. I am so thankful for translators!

I spent extra time at Ubuzima this week and really enjoyed just making beads and getting to spend time with the people. For the devotional time this week - Mama Deborah had people share their testimonies. It was so encouraging to hear them talk about how this group has offered so much support in different areas. One lady in particular said she didn’t know Jesus before, but that she learned about him at Ubuzima and now loves and serves him. I don’t know about you – but I find that SO encouraging. I love serving in a ministry that changes lives! At the end of our meeting I went to look at some of the jewelry they had on display (I had never seen any out) I saw a beautiful necklace – so I tried it on! When I went to take it off two of the ladies from the group wouldn’t let me. I insisted that I was just looking and then asked them how much I could pay for it. Mama Deborah turned to me to translate “It is a gift”. I just about cried. It is so beautiful and I felt so special.

I have had some fun times this week! Nicole’s parents are here from the UK so I have spent some time with them. They have spoiled me with hugs, lots of coffee of coffee and a couple lunches out! They both are so sweet and it has been a real blessing to have them here.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to belive you have been in Rwanda for over a month! Wow. I am sure Nicole is having a wonderful time with her parents there. (Are your parents planning a trip?!) I am so thankful that you have had a chance to share heart to heart with some others at Bible study and to hear of God's amazing work in the lives of the women at Ubuzima.
    We made some beads last night for the Uganda fundraiser, but I think we could all use some coaching from an expert!

    ReplyDelete