Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kenya


After my time in Uganda I met up with two my fellow interns who were in Entebbe. The three of us are very adventurous and decided we should keep travelling since we were so close to Kenya. We were able to find a fairly cheap hotel that included breakfast and dinner - as well as taking a bus to and from Kenya. Although… traveling for 36 hours home is a bit more gruelling then shelling out more money to fly. BUT I only had the spending money my mom gave me so I had to make do and travel long hours on a bumpy, hot, and long bus ride. (ask me later and i will give you some great stories about the buses)

We arrived in Mombassa Kenya and got to sleep and sit in the sun.. it was GLORIOUS! I finally have a nice base tan and got to ride my very first camel on the beach!

We also got to take a safari and see lots and lots of elephants!

After the safari we got to go see a Masaai tribe! This was such a cool experience. I got lots of amazing pictures - including ones of me trying to dance with the guys in the tribe.

I know this isn't the most informative blog but you will have to ask me about my time in Kenya and I will give you very enthusiastic stories!

It was nice to have an affordable mini-vacation where I was able to rest up and feel rejuvenated for ministries back in Rwanda.

A big thanks to my mom for making Kenya possible! I love you!

ps. more photos will be added!

No comments:

Post a Comment