Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bittersweet.



I called this blog bittersweet because one of my new friends Patrick is going to school. I am so happy and excited for him but I am so sad to have to say goodbye because he has been someone I have connected well with.

The first time I met Patrick was when I went to cook for the street kids at Vivante. He was one of the only people who could speak English so right away we became friends.

Patrick has a great big beautiful smile and is warm and friendly. He taught me some Kinyarwanda and how to cut vegetables properly. It sounds funny - but you try cutting vegetables with a dull knife and no table. Plus in my twenty-two years I have never had to cut cabbage! Patrick makes it fun though – we had a race to see who could finish cutting the cabbage first. I won – except I may have had some help from Patrick in the middle of the race. Haha.

I am going to miss cooking and visiting Patrick but I am so thrilled he has the opportunity to go to school. He will be remembered and luckily I still get to see him one more time before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment