Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Constant Battle.

I am in constant battle with the enemy. He is telling me lies that I am not good enough and that I will never fill the shoes of the one who went before me. I keep telling myself that we are different and God wants to use us differently – that I have a purpose that is just as important. So why do I keep feeling so discouraged?

I keep thinking back to a message that my brother preached on about comparing yourself to our brothers and sisters. The key line was “what is it to you?” He talked about comparing our lives with others. Why do we do this? Why do we question the one who made us and has a different purpose for us? So what if your neighbor has the job, or is well known – what is that to you?

I struggle being here feeling like I will never have the experiences that someone else has had. I worry that I will not be able to give to these people what they have been given by someone else – or even that my blogs wont be as profound. Should that even matter? We are all created differently and should be praising the things our brothers and sisters do – so why is it so hard for me? I am happy for these things and do love the great things my brothers and sisters have done… so why I am discouraged that what I do will not be anything in comparison? I know in my head that this is wrong, but in my heart is where I need to know this. I tell myself that God has created me with a purpose and that I am here for a specific reason - now I just need to believe it.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you have some good perspective here... and are being honest with yourself... a great combination! Can't wait to see how your life journey will unfold and how God will use you wherever you are. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we all do this to ourselves? You are not alone in this one, and I will add it to my prayers for you. Your mom is right - can't wait to see what God does through you, although you may never see it this side of glory. What we do know is that "YOU are God's masterpiece, created anew in Christ Jesus to do the good things that God has prepared in advance for YOU to do!" (Ephesians 2:10). He has good things in store for you!
    Thanks for your authenticity. . . (hugs)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've totally dealt with similar things Karyn! Feeling like, "what am I doing here?" "What is the purpose of me being here and the purpose of my life?" and other thoughts like that.. But God has definitely reminded me that He has put here for THIS time, that I've been created to be here in Malawi at this point in my life, that He has molded and is continuing to mold me for what He has for me in the future. It is such a comfort to be satisfied in knowing that He is in control and that He will lead us in exactly what He has for us- if we are just willing to trust, listen and obey. xo Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like your honesty, some good advice from your brother, the same theme came up in a video at our church yesterday. In the end, just try to love God and the person in front of us, eh?

    ReplyDelete