Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Place.






I feel like I am finding my way, getting comfortable, and really doing what I love.

Photography.

Capturing a photo, and telling a story through that photo, is an amazing feeling.

I have never enjoyed something as much as I have enjoyed taking photos and spending time editing them. I get so excited after spending a day out among people and places to come home to put the photos on my computer and share them with the world. It is really encouraging to feel like I am here and able to do something I love.

Not only am I happy to take them for my own enjoyment – but to be able to bless ministries and people with those photos is an even better feeling.

I was able to meet up with a girl I met on the plane ride to Kigali. She works with another organization that works with street kids. She expressed her interest in having me do some photography for the organization so we met up and I showed her some of my work. She said she really liked the photos and will be in touch about hiring me for a job to provide photos for her ministry.

I keep praying that if this is what God has for me, he will continue to provide jobs where I can bless people through photography. That this would be HIS talent in me and that through his gifts I could produce captivating photos. I know that this is only by his will and that all the glory goes to him.

God is faithful.

Please enjoy some photos from Kayonza.

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely enjoying your photos! So glad you have the opportunity to use your God-given gift to bless others. You are capturing some great images. So who is taking the ones with you in them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! God is using your talents and your giftedness already. I'm going to have a hard time choosing a photo for my wall! :) Can't wait to see all of them when you get home (it may take us days, but I can't wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos Karyn! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete