Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Month.




I am just shy of the one-month mark – wow! I can hardly believe it! I am so overjoyed to be here. I am really feeling at peace here and just so happy for this opportunity. Every day is a gift. My passion is constantly growing -the more time I spend here the more photos I take. Everywhere I look I want to click my camera! This city is so beautiful and the people are so captivating.

Besides photography I am coming into more of a routine stuff throughout the day. This week I got to visit Mama Judith with Mike (our new intern), Nicole and Jean Claude. We arrived at Mama Judith’s and she gave us beautiful “welcome” flowers. She blessed us with a feast -Fantas, bread and bananas!! It was so nice to meet her and spend time all together in her home. Nicole and I are going to take turns teaching Mama Judith English and in return she is going to help me learn some phrases in Kinyarwanda.

I also went to Ubuzima again this week to help make more beads! It is hard sometimes with the language barrier but even the simple things like hugging and smiling can go a long way. It is very humbling to be there - these ladies cry out and praise God even in one of the most difficult circumstances. I just pray every day that I would know, love, and praise God like these women do. I have been making a big effort to prioritize spending time in the word and praying every day. I am just so thankful to be here and for the passion that God has placed in my heart.

I also went back to Kayonza this week to shoot some footage and find a family for the video I am working on. It was nice to go back and do some more photography and also see some of the kiddies again! I plan to go back on Wednesday to meet up with the family to walk a mile (or more!!) in their shoes.

Today I am going to the memorial and going to try on the dress I had made for the Rwandan wedding I am going to in just over a week! I am so excited to shoot this wedding and bless the couple with photos of their magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment